Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm a Friendly Writer


Some of my favorite people are also writers. I keep thinking of things I want to share with them. With you, maybe, if you're a writer.

Like what?

1) Calls for submissions.

These I usually share when I am muddling around looking for a place to get my own fiction and creative non-fiction work into print. But I will try to include a market listing at least twice a month, if not more often.

2) Descriptions of Writer Friendly resources.

Both online and in the real live world. I've started by creating some links to the right. Over the next months (oh, who knows, maybe even decades) I'll tell you why I think enough of these venues and sources to include them here.

3) Conversations about writing.

I'd love to get a dialog going here. I'd love it if you'd use the comments area or the email link to tell me about Writer Friendly people, places and goings on you've discovered.

4) Your input.

I am truly hoping for help from all of you with making this web site a fun and helpful resource for writers. Is the site missing a great resource that you have personal experience with? Please let me know. Email me and I will post your review of a Writer Friendly person place or thing with your byline. (If you have a link, include that too!)


Yeah, it's going to be pretty L.A.-centric in some ways, at least at the beginning, because this has been my stomping ground for lo these last 23 years. (Oh my gosh, I can hardly believe that myself!) But it will include market listings, links to retreats, etc. in other areas as I find out about them. Maybe you'll decide to launch your own blog about Writer Friendly Chicago or Writer Friendly Dowagiac, MI.


If you decide to subscribe to the website, you'll get all this and--who knows?--maybe more delivered right to your inbox. (There's a subscription form at the bottom of the column at right.) If not, feel free to drop by any time.

2 comments:

Wynn Bexton said...

OKay, Sally, if anyone down there is writing travel or travel memoirs, take a look at my travel website and what I'm looking for and pass on the word. check sub. guidelines etc.
www.travelthruhistory.com

Your old Hedgebrook Pal, Ruth

Sundry said...

Ah, you found me!

Yes, I'll post about your website! Thanks!