Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tin House's Winter Fiction Issue is out!


Tin House's winter fiction issue is out. Oh right, I just said that. Well, bear with me. I like this press. I like their attitude. I like their content. The issues aren't cheap but they're jam packed with interesting stuff.

I'm planning to subscribe this year. I don't know if it's the right thing to do, but I try to subscribe to at least one literary journal a year and I change from year to year. I suppose it would be good to subscribe to one and stick with it for decades. I've subscribed to Zoetrope: All Story, ZYZZYVA, The Santa Monica Review, The Sun and Weber: Contemporary West in the past few years.

This year it's Tin House's turn.

Why? Partly because they published a really great collection of food writing called Food & Booze a couple of years ago that was so good that it led me to a lot of other pleasurable books on food. And because they also publish other anthologies, fiction and non-fiction.

Seriously, check out their catalog. There's some really great stuff there. I love the creative selection of titles for their writer's bundle of books at a bargain called The Tin House Writer's Series.

If you go, check out their submissions page. You know you want to.

Help me. I want to work for these people!

No comments: